A huge welcome to every reader of this blog, and thank you for coming. Today we’ll be going over some of the do’s and don’ts for buying a dress for that scorching summer wedding in Ibiza – you know, that one you’ve been planning?
Whether it’s an off-the-rack designer beauty, a bespoke couture concoction, a high-street diamond-in-the-rough or a vintage stunner you covet, choosing your dress is a challenging step to get married Ibiza style. At Serafina Weddings, we like to think of ourselves as the wedding planner Ibiza dreams of, so let us give you a few tips:
What to do
- Remember: there is an incredibly fine line between a fairytale Cinderella dress and a corny Little Bo Peep one… enlist an adviser, because two heads are better than one!
On that note…
- Take your best friend shopping with you, for the sake of honesty. Your mum is much more likely to say you look wonderful in anything.
- Ask yourself if the dress you’re looking at will look timeless 10, 20 or more years down the line. You don’t want to be looking back over those wedding photos and cringing at how dated your look was.
- Buy a dress made from a fabric that is practical in that scorching Ibiza summer. Something breathable and comfortable, otherwise you’ll start boiling alive like a lobster.
What not to do
- Don’t buy the first dress you see,
no matterhow much you like it. You can always put it on hold while you checkout some others.
- Don’t show too much cleavage or thigh. Keep it classy: this
is somethingyou’ll be showing your grandchildren one day! With that in mind, don’t wear your wedding dress to an Ibiza nightclub afterwards.
- Avoid dresses that crinkle when you sit down. You need to be
as practicalas possible while choosing a beautiful dress – you have to makeit through the day, after all.
- Don’t wear a 12-metre princess train on the beach. Trust us… you’ll regret it!
- Don’t buy a dress that’s a size too small in the hope of losing weight – final fittings are there for a reason.
It’s only natural you’ll want to look your best for that special day. You may have found the greatest wedding venue Ibiza has to offer,